Monday, November 3, 2008

SSO Trade Exit

Despite the last few days not triggering a true obvious extreme in the short-term model I use for timing these trades, I am suggesting an exit.

The first reason is based off the indicator itself in that it was a hair's width from overbought a few days ago, and then prices eased and started making new highs but without the indicator making more highs. This is a classic technical type of divergence, and I have seen that divergence is useful in this indicator as well.

The next reason is that the election tomorrow is a wild card, and at this junction I don't have a clear indication of what way stocks are likely to move in either scenario.

So, while I typically will not deviate much from the indicator signals in recommendations here, I am going to post the exit at the current price on SSO which is 32.20.

This is another nice gain of 13.5% up from 28.37 at entry on Oct. 23rd. Selective timing using this model has continued to give outstanding results.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment