Thursday, January 8, 2009

SDS Trade Exit

The short-term model for the S&P 500 is oversold today, but not for the Nasdaq. I am recommending exiting the open SDS trade now for short-term traders, though it is certainly justifiable to hold the trade longer if money management allows a stop loss at 64.00. For longer term trader I would suggest holding the trade with a stop loss at 64.00.

The current price of SDS is 70.15 which is a loss of about 2% and is one of only a few losing trades since April using my selective timing of this model.

The next trade recommendation may be a strictly intermediate timeframe trade which will be different from the trades I typically post, which are very short-term in nature. The reason for the longer time frame is that many of the indicators I follow and have discussed on the blog are flashing longer term negative signs and I feel the best reward will come over a period of several weeks.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment