Monday, October 6, 2008

Thoughts on How to Use this Blog

My goal with this blog is to give any regular reader a way to take control of their investments and to be able to have steady growth with minimal drawdowns (periods of declining portfolio value), all despite the market going up or down.

In my opinion you should expect to have about $2500 or more to devote to trading/investing. If you have $2500 or greater and open a Zecco.com account you can trade with no commission for up to 10 trades a month. That is more than enough for following the trades on this blog. Since April I have averaged 2 recommendations a month (totaling 2 buys and 2 sells). I am not including any option trades or other more exotic stuff. I am just referencing the "short-term model" trades that I post.

I calculated the cumulative return on the recommended trades I've made since April. Assuming no commission, the return is about 77% since April on an initial investment.

Based off of a lot of information and historical comparison that I look at, I think that the markets will perform poorly for a the next few years (maybe 2-4 years) if holding typical stock investments or mutual funds. The positive side to this, is the in "bad" markets volatility is usually quite high, and the trades I recommend will be more frequent and more profitable in volatile environments. I truly think the next couple years will offer a far better profit opportunity than most typical investors could expect in very strong markets.

Always take some time to follow a methodology in theory before using real money. Also, do your best to educate yourself on concepts and terminology used so that you can be somewhat comfortable in using that methodology.

Please post any questions or ideas in the comment section.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment