Friday, October 17, 2008

Updates on SDS

Today, the 92.00 level was hit and should have resulted in a "breakeven" stop loss order triggered for anyone in the trade on SDS. This afternoon the short-term model once again hit overbought territory. Remember from the last post that it never actually got to the oversold extreme yet, so that is why I did not post an exit.

I personally was not in that trade. However, after today's overbought reading and reversal in the markets, I bought SDS at 94.80ish. I have a stop loss of 86.80 or today's low in SDS.

I think we are at a "breaking point" in the market right now. Price has been converging over the past week. So it is like a spring coiling. With high volatility, a price converging pattern I think sets up a ridiculously strong thrust in one direction.

The fact that I bought SDS reflects my belief that the market may have at least one more strong move down before a more lasting bottom. If that the gets stopped out, it is probably because the strong thrust is beginning to occur to the upside instead.

I'll keep you posted.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment